2019-20 Signing Day information
12/18 (football only)
5/7 (DIII date)
The purpose of holding the signing day ceremony is to recognize the accomplishments of Marysville Student Athletes making a commitment to participate in athletics at a college or university. As such there are certain requirements a student must satisfy in order to participate in the ceremony.
- The student athlete must be enrolled with Marysville Schools
- Students participating at a DIII or non scholarship NAIA institution will participate in the final date of the year.
- The student athlete must be making a formal commitment, with confirmation from the institution.
What you need to know:
- Arrive at 3pm , introductions will begin at 3:15
- Once you have confirmed your with your institution please contact Shirley Gerberry to be included in the program. We will ask you to submit a picture for use during the recognition. < email@example.com >
- Your Marysville coach will introduce you but in the event that they are not available please arrange for an alternate person to introduce you. Notify the athletic department prior to the event if someone other than the high school coach will introduce you.
- Arrangements with other Parents: You may (but are not required) to provide snacks/refreshments (cake or dessert etc…) for the signing, as this is a celebration of the achievements of the student-athletes. Parents of participants may want to communicate with each other in this regard. It is the responsibility of the Head Coach and parents to clean the commons immediately following the event.
- Be sure to bring a t-shirt or hat from your respective university to display.
- Actual Signing? It is the athlete’s responsibility to have the signing documents from their respective colleges for signing day. The signing done at the high school can be a “mock” signing (i.e. athlete can fake signature on piece of paper). Many people prefer this so they can sign the official documents in a less hectic setting. It is also the responsibility of the athlete to send/fax the documents to the contact person at the college they will be attending (have them communicate this with the college coaches). **The Marysville Athletic Office DOES NOT play a role in the commitment process you must follow the instructions articulated by the university.
- Invite Administrators. Teachers, Athletic Trainers, Assistant Coaches and Teammates to come out and show their support of the student-athletes who will be signing.